RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE OURENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (OUFF) FOR THE COMPETITION OF FEATURE FILMS
24th EDITION FROM SEPTEMBER 27th TO OCTOBER 5th, 2019
The Ourense International Film Festival (OUFF), organised by Diputación de Ourense, in collaboration with Carlos Velo Foundation, has as its fundamental objective to be an intercultural forum for the development, promotion and knowledge of world-class cinematography.
The 24th OUFF will be held from September 27th to October 5th 2019.
Ourense International Film Festival (OUFF)
Marcos Valcárcel Cultural Center
Rúa Progreso, 30
32003 Ourense (Spain)
Phone: + 34 988 317 896
Feature films will compete in the Official Section.
The competition is open to any person or legal entity (producer, distributor…) who have the legal control over the work they submit.
Any feature film submitted for competition must meet the following conditions:
- It must have been produced in 2018 or 2019.
- It can be a fiction, animated or documentary film.
- It cannot be screened commercially or published in Spain in public rooms (except festivals), television, dvd, video or Internet with free access from Spain before September 27th, 2019.
- It must have a running time of more than 60 minutes.
7/ HOW TO SUBMIT A FILM
Feature films that wish to compete in the Official Section must be submitted through the following channels:
- Online platforms: FESTHOME.COM and CLICKFORFESTIVALS.COM
- Festival web page: www.ouff.org. The submitter must fill in the online entry form and provide a permanent link and password to watch the feature film.
- By sending a copy on DVD or Blu-Ray to the following address:
Ourense International Film Festival (OUFF 2019)
Marcos Valcárcel Cultural Center
Rúa Progreso, 30
32003 Ourense (Spain)
Submission is free.
The deadline for submitting a feature film is August 15th, 2019. The Festival Management reserves the right to accept feature films submitted after this time.
8/ SELECTION PROCESS
A commission appointed by the Festival Management will choose the final feature films that will compete in the Official Section.
9/ SELECTED FILMS
Participants whose films are selected to compete in the Official Section must comply with the following conditions:
- They must accept these rules & regulations.
- They must provide the organization with all the material requested: posters, press book, movie stills, list of dialogues, trailers, etc.
- They must authorize the disclosure of this promotional material (stills, posters, trailers, script fragments, press books, etc) and the broadcasting of up to three minutes of images of the aforementioned film in any media.
- In case of obtaining any of the prizes awarded in the festival, the films will include a written reference of this award at the beginning of every copy distributed for screening in movie theatres and/or in contests, as well as in all the printed promotional and informative material (press books, posters, etc).
- The owners will transfer the rights for public screening of their films.
- They will provide the organization with a copy for screening and backup copy on Blu-Ray.
- The copy for screening must be in the possession of the Festival before September 10th, 2019.
- They will pay the shipment costs of sending the copies to Ourense, including custom taxes is necessary, which will be paid by the person or entity that submitted the film. The shipping label must include the following text: «For cultural uses only / No commercial value».
- Once the film has been selected by the organization, it can not be withdrawn from the contest nor screened commercially in Spain before its screening in the OUFF.
- If the organization requests it, a copy must be given to be included in the festival archive. This copy can only be used for cultural purposes, without a profit motive.
- The person or entity that submits the selected film agrees that members of the technical or artistic team will attend the festival.
The screenings of the feature film during the festival will be in the DCP system – which complies with the international DCI norm- or in the format chosen by the festival.
The producers or distributors that submit the film must provide the KDMs for the servers of the different venues of the festival and they will pay for the costs of generating and sending them.
During the festival, the organization reserves the right to screen the selected films in the cinemas and venues linked to the festival. There will be no more than four screenings for each film. The Festival Management will decide the order, date and time of each screening.
The films must remain in the possession of the festival until after its closing date.
The winning films will be screened again the day after the closing date.
The prizes of the Official Section – with the exception of the Audience Award – will be granted by a jury designated by the Festival Management. This jury will be formed by professionals from the world of cinema, audiovisual in general, media and culture.
The jury cannot declare any prize void or ex aequo.
If considered convenient, the jury may award special mentions (without prize cash).
The jury can award two prizes to the same movie only once.
The audience and jury’s decision will be final.
The jury of the Official Section will choose the following five awards:
- Calpurnia for Best Film, granted with 18,000 euros.
- Carlos Velo Award for the Best Directing, granted with 4,000 euros.
- Special Jury Prize, granted with 2,000 euros.
- Best Screenplay Award, granted with 2,000 euros.
- Best Acting Award, carrying 2,000 euros.
The Festival Management will grant two more prizes:
- Galicia Award, granted with 5,000 euros, will be given to the best film screened in the festival that is a Galician production or co-production.
- Audience Award, carrying 3,000 euros, will be given to the feature film in the Official Section that gets the highest score from the spectators who attend the screenings.
- Eduardo Barreiros Special Award, granted with 2,000 euros, will be given to the best debut that is a Spanish production and is released between September 2018 and September 2019.
The cash prizes will be given to the distributor or producer who submits the film, with the exception of Best Directing and Acting awards, which will be given to the director and actor awarded.
In all cases, tax withholdings and other expenses incurred when delivered the cash prizes will be deducted from these, so that the final amount will vary depending on the conditions established by each country and the way in which the payment is made.
13/ TROPHY AND CLOSING CEREMONY ATTENDANCE
All the award winners will receive a trophy from the Festival, as long as the winner or someone on their behalf attends the closing ceremony on October 5th. Their attendance is mandatory.
14/ DOUBTS AND CONFLICTS
All doubts arising from the interpretation of these rules & regulations, and any conflicts encountered when applying them in terms of management and internal operations, will be solved by the Festival Management.
In the event of discrepancy in the interpretation of these regulations, the Spanish version will apply.